CUPE 87 – We make Thunder Bay & District Work
Our workers touch every part of life: they fix roads, provide emergency care, test drinking water, connect us with library resources, run ice rinks, work at daycares, lead community workshops, and much more. We’re facing tough economic times, and that’s when we need affordable, reliable public services most.
The District of Thunder Bay Social Services Administration Board (TBDSSAB) delivers vital social services to individuals and families living in the District of Thunder Bay.
TBDSSAB supports people to improve their lives and become self-sufficient. We do this through the delivery of quality social services including: Child Care, Housing and Ontario Works.
Two scholarships of $350.00 each shall be given to two students of local 87 members with the highest scholastic achievements over 65% in their final year of high school and who will be attending a higher educational institution in the following academic year.
Applications must be submitted in written form, accompanied by final report marks to the recording secretary no later than may 12th, 2017.
The recipients of the scholarships will be selected by the executive board
2017 Spring School
The Northwestern Ontario CUPE Council (NWOCC) is pleased to announce their 2017 Spring School that will be held between May 9-14, 2017 at the Prince Arthur Hotel 17 Cumberland St N, Thunder Bay, ON
• Weeklong Bargaining Starting Tuesday May 9th ending Sunday May 14th at noon. (30hrs)
• Weeklong Health & Safety Level 1 Starting Tuesday May 9th ending Sunday May 14th at noon. (30hrs)
• Financial Officers (12 hrs) – Friday May 12 noon to Sunday May 14th Noon
• Intro to Stewarding (9hrs) Saturday May 13 9am to Sunday May 14th Noon
• Combat Workplace Bullying (9hrs) Saturday May 13 9am to Sunday May 14th Noon
• Creating Psychologically Healthy and Safe Workplace, Understanding Mental Health, Being an Ally for Equality (9hrs) Saturday May 13 9am to Sunday May 14th Noon
• Member to Member Conflict, Creating A Harassment Free Workplace, Accommodation Friendly Workplace (9hrs) Saturday May 13 9am to Sunday May 14th Noon
For more information visit and register at:
If you have any further question please contact email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read the March 2017 Newsletter: March 2017 CUPE 87 Newsletter